Oven Poached Chicken Drumsticks
Posted on May 20, 2017
My partner and I recently had our first child together - a beautiful little girl - and we heard from the lactation consultant that fenugreek might be a good thing for aiding milk supply. I haven’t seen this backed up by any papers, but it’s harmless enough to add it to a few meals.
Here’s what I came up with the other night – I thought it worked out really well.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 400g tin of coconut cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 overfilled teaspoon honey
- 1 tbsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lavendar
- 3 turnips, diced (1 cm)
- 2 carrots, julienned
The method is delightfully simple, and takes only 5 minutes of preparation time
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- In a bowl, combine coconut cream, wine, and stock, mix well, then add garlic, lemon juice, honey, lavender, fenugreek, and basil.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish, and pour over the mixture, then turn the chicken so it’s all coated well.
- Dice the turnips into 1 cm cubes, then place them between the chicken pieces. The liquid level should be over halfway, but not completely covering the drumsticks.
- Place in over for 1 hour
- Turn chicken, and add julienned carrots into the mixture
- Put back in the over for another half hour.